Saturday, December 10, 2011

Thought Provoking Quotes

I would like to share just a few of the quotes that have really challenged my thinking as of late:

"The unexamined life is not worth living." -Socrates

"If the key ingredient for friends that stumble is love, the key ingredient for friends that stray is truth."     -James MacDonald

"Worrying about tomorrow often robs us of our effectiveness today." -Me

"If Jesus had practiced the kind of love we advocate nowadays, He would have lived to a ripe old age."
-Dan Allender

"Woe to you when all men speak well of you." -Jesus

"Your belief determines where you will spend eternity but your works will determine how you spend eternity." -Bruce Wilkinson

Do any of these strike a cord with you? I would love to read any of your comments about these.

1 comment:

  1. I want to always be examining my life daily....am I closer to the Lord today?? Do I sense that my worship to, for, and of Him is stronger or more "put off" because I am spending time doing things I think are more important? I think meditation about how my physicial, mental, emotional, and social life is in proportion to how I am worshipping God in those areas truly keeps my life in balance.

    ReplyDelete